View Single Post
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by mikhas View Post
Guys, be careful with your attitude. I see that someone from Nokia whom I learned to respect very much took up the discussion in https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=96 and tried to patiently explain the reasons behind the decision and why it is unlikely to get fixed at this state.

At some point, you need to accept that decisions have been made and move on. Please don't push us to the point where we (the actual developers) stop caring about bugs reported by the community. I can understand your frustration because you already feel as if we ignore your feedback. Truth is we don't. Whenever you see that the title of a bug got the [cloned] prefix, you will know that us developers get to read your bug report.

We are on your side, really. We also want a good N9. But there are limits of what we can do.
Hi mikhas, the problem is I gave you guys one line of code to change that would save me a huge problem. It sounds so simple, just make and test the change, but all the comments from Nokia are just people guessing that it's going to take too long to test. Some of us actually tried to believe you guys when you said the phone would be supported for a while, so we are a little upset when you suggest stuff like "reporting the bug earlier". I respect Eero too, he remained very professional while others were clearly angry. But I don't know who he is, or if I should give up on this ever being fixed just because he and some other guy say it "probably won't be fixed". I'm hoping they are wrong and am going to try and get some more votes on it instead! Honestly, there is a good chance someone that actually knows how x11 works can prove it's safe to enable this extension, I would think it would only be able to cause problems when it's in use. If your code doesn't try to use it, it's really just up to me to test if it works as expected!