View Single Post
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
Sure, when we alter the body, alter the sliding mechanism, alter the keymat, alter the PCB accordingly, then basically everything is possible. What's NOT possible: that we alter any of the above, except for PCB but that's determined by the other parts.
I know you guys don't alter case.

And I still fail to see how software is related, we don't have T1000 metal that can change the mechanical properties by a command from software side ;-)
I am aware that T1000 metal doesn't exist (unfortunately ), but I always thought that on mobile devices the keyboard was integrated in such a way that you can not just change keyboard and plugin a different one like on pc without writing drivers for it.
Guess I was wrong?

The 5-row kbd shown is a prototype for the GTA04 and not intended to get used for Neo900, except for the dome switch springs.
Of course you're free to casemod your Neo900 all the way you like, and connecting whatever kbd you like is no problem, neither hw side nor sw.
And I assume there is some kind of connector for it?
Yes, I am not very technical in these kind of things. Should have chosen Electrical Engineering instead of Aerospace I geuss
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.