View Single Post
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I have a problem with using my n900, and I'm hoping the clever people here can at least tell me whether there is a solution possible. It's the n900 wifi output. I bought Joikuspot so I can connect to the internet using the 3g in my phone sim. That worked fine, until I stopped using windows.

Joikuspot apparently only puts out wifi as 'ad hoc', which MeeGo can't use. Neither can Android 2.2 (the Android guys have apparently been complaining about this for 2 years!). Neither can ubuntu in some circumstances (which appear to be chip dependent).

So first question: is that a hardware or software limitation of the n900? Could it be made to put out an infrastructure wifi visible to all OSs?

Second question (dependent on the first) since Android apparently does put out an infrastructure type wifi, can nitdroid?

Third question: going back to the point that ubuntu seems to be picky about seeing ad hoc networks, is there anyone out there who's put ubuntu on a MeeGo conference lenovo netbook, who could tell me whether it can see joikuspot from an n900?

Because if the answer to all of the above is 'no dice' I'm going to be forced to reinstall Windows on the Lenovo, which is a bit mean as I was given it to try out MeeGo.

Can someone help? Please?