View Single Post
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
I used to think "real" multitasking is a necessary feature for me, but when I think it deeper, the Android has as good multitasking as Maemo/Meego.

So getting closer to the topic of this discussion-chain, I think Nokia should break the contract with Microsoft, pay the penalties (can be couple of billion euros/dollars) and start to make both Android and WP8 devices as Samsung does. Or join the Tizen-workgroup and buy Alien Dalvik from Myriad to go with Nokia Tizen-phones.
Ohh yeah kill Qt and go Dalvik would help Nokia alot NOT!

Second Tizen? Do you really beleive that will ever happen!? Its even worse mess than Meego was. Take a look at the latest API documentation. Its only copy paste of everything that is HTML5 related from jquery mobile to W3C HTML5 documentations. Some stuff here some stuff there. For that reason N9 already IS "Tizen compliant" cause Webkit is already HTML5.

If Tizen has a chance atleast they should add QML to the portfolio. Or else its just another geekos that is worse than WebOS/Harmattan thats for sure.

There is too many people here who thinks Android would save Nokia. Hell no it would not. How serious would that be to add Android to the portfolio when they already has this mess?

FIrst dump Symbian, Meego and say "next billion is QT" and then in a year come say "Hey lets add Android to the list and kill Qt too"

What they should have done is:

* lobbying as hell for Qt
* Get the damn next billion devices released with fully Qt/Linux and make it open
* Port Qt to WP
* Officially support Qt on Android/Iphone
* stop patenttroll RIM for multitasking and similar when they actually already support Qt
* Stop pissig samsung of and make some kind of deal to add Qt to Tizen.

But this will not happen. But thinking Android would help is just plain ridicilous.