View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Also if I remember correctly, there is still the closed source UI layer, so even if community implemented all the backend stuff, someone from Jolla would have to do the UI bits to actually make it useful, which is unfortunately very unlikely to happen given similar cases in the past.

(IIRC, SIP support is basically in place backend wise, but the UI is missing and the community has been waiting for Jolla to do something about it for years and can't do anything due to UI being closed source. And there are many other similar cases.)

So while I would also, like rinigius, want to have a full featured unified messaging UX (it worked very well on the N900!) I'm afraid it's not really possible to do with Telepathy and the closed UI. At least unless there would be a concrete promise from Jolla to help with the UI bits or ideally to finally open source the relevant UI bits.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: