View Single Post
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by theonelaw View Post
This is the same silly
" re-invent everything while designing new hardware" blunder
that torpedoed Ubuntu (and others?).
Don't forget they are not designing a new N900 with a keyboard and resistive touch panel that can be used to precisely hit desktop like buttons using a stylus.
The shell must be at least usable with a capacitive touch only, which is where gestures are the best, and the basic applications for a phone should be available as touch-friendly.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
On startup there should be some sensible defaults set, but then everything should be personificable.
I think we agree on this one. I have nothing against being able to configure it, and my last sentence was:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
this UI post left me wondering about what this will look like in terms of usability out of the box.
And out of the box is precisely what this blog post was about, in their own words:
Originally Posted by https://puri.sm/posts/librem5-progress-report-6/
By understanding a few concepts, we can try to define some human interface guidelines that will help getting a better user experience by default. This won’t prevent the phone to remain a highly customizable FLOSS platform—it will just help making the Librem 5’s “out of the box” experience more useful for everyone.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post: