View Single Post
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
I have had a few problems with the new Estel image:
I first reconfigured the locales to pl (maybe this was my mistake)
Then I've tried to put @setxkbmap pl but the file didn't want to save. (I've opned it from within ED)
Also when I was trying to write @ it gave me the TAB
To have Your Maemo's keybinding inside ED, You need to copy /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51 to same place inside Your image - most likely (when You've image mounted, i.e. ED started) /.debian/usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51

Before doing so, You may consider examining rx-51m already bundled inside image - it contains 99,99% of keys from big computer keyboard, including F1-F12 mapped to upper row. As for @, it is blue arrow + shift + space, due to bug not allowing mapping TAB for above combination.

I decided to bundle sophisticated remap inside image, to give people full-button acces out of the box - for ones that wan't to use own keymap, copying rx-51 is only method anyway, so it doesn't hurt anyone.

Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
Is it normal that I can't see the panels inside ED? I have to touc the edge o the scren to see them. Is it a space savieur?
Yep. This way, You have full screen (well, without 2 pixels) available for programs, at the same time, having big, stylus/finger friendly icons on panels. Of course, You may disable hiding them, and/or make icons smaller/bigger - everything is customizable. As it was mentioned few pages ago, best way to bring panels is to tap just *outside* screen, near the edge, where panel is to appear - it's like having 2 new touchpad buttons

Also there is no image on the upper panel like here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2652
No idea, maybe, while fixing it, qole forget to include icon (provided by me with "broken" .desktop file and script itself) inside image?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: