Thread: [SailfishOS] [Announce] Vegan Beer
View Single Post
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
About cider, I have no idea if they are vegan-friendly or not, but if they are, please consider French cider brands. They typically are a very different beverage than what is considered cider in the international (or British?) meaning. A lot less sugar, and ultimately a totally different taste. While French cider (either from Brittany or Normandy, the two competing regions in this regard) is one of my favorite light drinks, I can't even finish a glass of the sweeter ciders from Bulmers, Magners or Aspall, which shows that they really are distinct types of ciders.
Cider drinkers in France We've long suspected Bretons have west country DNA in them
The UK and Ireland drink twice as much cider as the rest of Europe combined (hic).

Here you can get sweet, medium or dry cider according to your taste. I'm not too keen on some of the dry ones though, they seem to strip your mouth of saliva.

I like to check the cider brewery has it's own orchards and that they're not just buying in concentrate. Personally I really like Thatchers Haze. Thatchers are a growing family brewery and they've just planted 25,000 new trees so by drinking Thatchers Haze I'm also helping save the planet

The Following User Says Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post: