View Single Post
Originally Posted by daniel_m View Post
Yeah, it would be great to switch off or do something about display brightness regulation but leave everything else (LED pattern brightness) intact!
I know I am being overly sensitive here but isn't that what the N900 is all about, pleasing even the weirdest geek?
Yes! that's exactly my opinion! It's open source so it should be for the user to decide how it will behave and when!
First some bad news: I still haven't repaired my usb port, and although installed the build-essential package, still can't compile the MCE modules because of required environment flags and some missing headers (I guess).
Good news is I will try setting up the dev environment on a PC this weekend. It was a pain in the ***** as I remember it but will try nevertheless.

Now I want some opinions. Dr_frost_dk didn't like the original filter-brightness-als in part due to it switching display brightness in an annoying way (when you actually wouldn't want it to change).
First question is to those that are annoyed by this (as Dr_frost_dk): will less switching steps (ambient-related, and set further apart, more stable in theory) be ok or just do away with ambience-varied brightness altogether?
Secondly, would we be able to agree upon the 5 brightness settings and hardcode them, or go all the way and make them configurable from some .ini file somewhere?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gebeleysis For This Useful Post: