View Single Post
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Just found and ordered 2 of these today from ebay for less than £4 each including shipping http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/170513142683

Just to say that this arrived a couple of weeks ago, and I have been using it daily since, and it has proven to be great so far. A nice little touch is that the ribbing on the backplate is rubberised and soft to reduce vibration etc.

It holds the N900 quickly and securely without fuss, and it's easy to remove the N900. Although when fully clicked in, the keyboard cannot be opened, it is possible to "half" insert the N900 so the top clip clips behind the screen and allows the screen to slide up. I tend not to type when driving so it's not a big deal for me.

Only concern is that the power switch is inaccessible, and there is not a lot of room for a audio plug into the headphone jack. Not an issue for me as I has a Bluetooth A2DP Car Stereo, but it would be easy to trim the plastic a little to make room.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post: