View Single Post
Posts: 180 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New Delhi, DELHI, INDIA
Originally Posted by kapu2 View Post
@princefakhan you'll notice that post of mine is now about a year old. Of course at this stage I'm not expecting a single update of any kind from Microsoft Mobile. I was frustrated then, but I'm not anymore. No point. Pre-Microsoft acquisition Nokia is dead. RIP, bye Felicia, etc.
:P. I didn't actually see the timestamp.

Originally Posted by kapu2 View Post
I think that although Nokia's HERE team has taken over responsibility for support of Nokia Maps and Drive for Symbian/Meego, they have not kept those services updated. Maybe I'm wrong but I still think it wouldn't be that difficult for them to push the updated maps to those services, but at this point I understand why they aren't. Although it would delight more than a few people if they did...
I am with you on that one. I don't have a MeeGo or Symbian phone right now. Though I recieved some critical updates in Early 2014. I had a Nokia 808 PV. But they were not updated Maps as you say. And I think, for that, HERE team will have to give actual support. By actual support I mean that they update the Map engine on these devices and give us Here Maps and Drive like they did on Lumia devices. I don't call this Nokia supporting these devices till 2016.