View Single Post
Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by merlin1991 View Post
The 2nd upgrade is here!

The list of changes can be found here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/...830.03.2012.29

The most interesting part probably is, that portrait wallpapers now work.
Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/portrait_wallpaper -t  bool true
Reboot, rotate your device to portrait and assing a wallpaper with the ususal menu, this wallpaper settings is stored seperately from the landscape wallpaper, so you can have dedicated portait wallpapers now .

Of course this only works if you've enabled desktop rotation, todo that and other things see http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/FeaturesStable
Originally Posted by wittyheart View Post
Hi.
I have recently up graded to 21.2011.38-1Smaemo3 and after that i have run that code for portrait wallpaper. But it is not working. After i changed the background in portrait mode, the portrait wallpapers of my 4 desktop became black and the landscape wallpaper changed. Please tell me what to do......
Originally Posted by arcean View Post
Did you restart your device? Also make sure, you don't have theme customizer.
Originally Posted by wittyheart View Post
yup, i did restart my device a number of times but still portrait wallpaper is black.
Uninstalling Theme Customizer is necessary to make portrait wallpaper work?
Originally Posted by pichulines View Post
same happened to me...

1.- gconftool-2 ... portrait_wallpaper ... true
2.- hildon-home reinstallation
3.- set the wallpaper....
4.- reboot
5.- ...and black background in portrait :-s

If I reboot the device holding it in portrait mode the wallpaper remains at startup... but when I change to landscape and then back to portrait again, the black background returns...,
Hi Friends,

I have tried and encountered the same problem. Never installed Theme Customizer, by the way.

FIX:

I opened the Terminal to type the commands below (as described in the CSSU Wiki), but set these values to "false" instead of "true" (make sure to reboot afterwards).

Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool true

gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/portrait_wallpaper -t bool true
That will return things back to the way they were (no portrait mode rotation).

And then go back to Terminal and set this command only to "true".

Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool true
...and restart/reboot.

Now this doesn't solve the issue of being able to assign a wallpaper in portrait, but at least you won't have the black background while in portrait.

For those who were able to make it work (separate wallpaper in portrait from landscape), care to share the steps?

One thing I observed: after installing CSSU and the CSSU Features Configuration, setting "Rotation" to "X/Y (default)" didn't make any changes for me...I had to manually enable it by typing the gconftool-2 command as shown in the CSSU Wiki. In the prior versions there was no need to do that manually. Do you think this has something to do with the portrait wallpaper thing?

Thanks!

EDIT:

Found this post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...ount=354...and it seems like one needs to "rotate" an image/wallpaper first for preparation in portrait mode. And then afterwards, set your Background Image while the N900 is in portrait mode (?). I'll try this and will give feedback.

Last edited by topet2k12001; 2012-04-09 at 21:12. Reason: wrapped code

The Following User Says Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post: