View Single Post
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
If that is a concern I can certainly keep myself to a strict Nokia/them role. I just got too used to the 'everybody is a community member' mood of MeeGo and Qt Project.
DNFTT. On the one hand we have people complaining that Nokia hasn't been involved enough (in terms of being involved, being aware, having a word with Nemein if/when necessary); and now there's complaint that Nokia's community guy is too involved in shaping the direction of the community.

Since no-one else seems to be coming up with a coherent view of what the community should be, I don't see why Quim - someone who's put a lot of effort in to this community - shouldn't share his view. Especially when that view is a historical perspective - something too easily lost in the constant "them" and "us" whining from some people in the "community".

It's hardly as if he was saying "the council cannot, and must not, do that or we'll pull the funding". FFS.

EDIT: "No-one coming up with a coherent view" is unfair. A few posts above ivgalvez is aligned with common sense and my own view (I think); timoph is trying to get things in the open; Estel's enthusiastic (even if I don't completely agree). However, no-one has yet laid out "this is what the community should be; this is what we should do to get there". Talk about a self-governing legal entity in that regard seems totally premature.

Last edited by Jaffa; 2012-04-12 at 20:58. Reason: PS

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post: