View Single Post
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
To stop Xephyr from eating your mouse in the VM you need to install VMware tools (or VBox equiv) in the guest OS.
Unfortunately VPC doesn't have working guest os drivers for Linux...

You're also missing out on e.g. Eclipse which comes with the SDK VM images.
Only if you want Eclipse (I personally have a strong dislike for it -- but I know others who love it). ;-D

You can also run SSHd on the VM and use SSH client (e.g. PuTTy) to log in from Windows.
Actually that is what I am doing. Xephyr and putty are running on my windows machine talking to the vm. (I actually run two ssh sessions, one for inside the scratchbox and one outside. )

What I'd like to do is get Xephyr working on a remote computer via remote desktop. Granted, the 3D stuff won't work well then, but at least it will use less battery juice from laptop.
Depends on how "remote" it is. If it is on the same network; you can just use "export DISPLAY=x.x.x.x:2" from the scratchbox and then run Xepyhr on the x.x.x.x machine and it will forward the data over the network to that machine. I could technically run my VM on my server and have it forward everything to my development machine w/o any slow downs. But I've been too lazy to move my vm to the server.... ;-D

Nathan.