View Single Post
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
please give me some command or trick to open my camera app

When I open shutter nothing happens. When I open camera app it says “Open Lens cover”.

I had this problem before this also. I used to open shutter hardly by pressing it. So it works some time, I also tap the shutter some time, it worked occasionally too.
But today I could not launch camera app. After making every trick.

So I started to search this problem and I got some thing from this

there is a sensor inside the N900 that can tell if the slide cover is open of not

open and close the shutter on the camera
now open an xterminal and run

dmesg

the last two lines should read something like

cam_shutter (GPIO 110) is now open
cam_shutter (GPIO 110) is now closed
so I did the same, but I did not find those two lines!

No camkeyed installed no camera app(related to camera) installed

A few things I have found

Ive had exactly the same issue.

I uninstalled the enhanced kernel version 42 i think - gone back to nokias - restarted and slide the cover and yeepee my camera was working again.

Crispy

PS didnt have the card lines in xterm even after getting the camera working
Hello people...
I had the same problem - my camera app was not launching when sliding the camera cover. How it happened... I needed to change my SIM card. I removed the back cover of the phone. Little later I found some little black rectangular piece of plastic on my table. My first thought was maybe it's something from the phone... Well I did not find any missing parts on it. Little later I discovered that my camera app doesn't start when opening the camera cover. So I started to search over the Internet for solution and I found this discussion. When I read about the magnetic sensor I understood what this little black rectangular piece of plastic was... This is the magnet that stands under the tilt stand and serves to hold it when it's closed. Thank God I found the magnet on my table! I put it under the tilt stand, I opened the camera cover and the camera app launched! Next I need to do is to glue it up on the back cover of the phone, where it fell from...
Nokia should think about other way for detecting when the back cover of the N900 is removed, because obviously the magnet can detach and fall from the back cover and when it happens, we cannot use memory cards and the camera app wont launch when opening the camera cover. What would happen if I did not find the magnet on my table? I'm lucky this time, but maybe the magnet will fall again and I may not find it..
Attached Images

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Last edited by nicholes; 2012-07-04 at 09:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post: