View Single Post
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ switzerland
Is there any way to affect the priority of the access points? (I tried dumping the gconf settings and googling for documentation, but couldn't find anything helpful.)

My problem is that every time I leave my wifi network, the n900 picks up my Orange MMS APN instead of Orange Internet (I have connect automatically set to any connection) and I cannot use that APN for anything else than MMS, obviously. So I have to keep manually selecting Orange Internet every time I leave the house or work (or wake up and find out that the phone had dropped out of wifi over night and switched to MMS apn).

It's even more annoying when I'm outside and I lose connection to the GPRS and the phone tries to connect to the MMS APN instead and after establishing a connection decides to stay on that and I'm completely unaware that I'm actually not "online" anymore.

Oh, and not even setting connect automatically to "Orange Internet" only helps! The phone still defaults to my MMS APN when establishing an automatic connection and wifi is not available.

I assume this has something to do with the fact that in /system/osso/connectivity/ui/auto_connect/65_gprs network types is set to [GPRS], so it just picks the first GPRS apn? But why would "Orange MMS" be higher up than "Orange Internet"... I don't understand the sorting method here. Unless if user added access points always rank higher.

(In which case I'll create a third apn myself and duplicate Orange Internet settings there )

EDIT: And it really is like that. An APN with user_added=1 ranks higher than a one without. So creating a third APN with the original Internet settings worked - it is now the default APN when no wifi is available.

Should I file a bug for this or is this known behaviour? Or maybe even the purpose of the user_added flag?

Last edited by ziller; 2010-01-23 at 23:55.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ziller For This Useful Post: