View Single Post
Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
At the very least, another BoD member, preferrably Woody (since Jim is an unknown quantity as far as the Maemo Community goes), should be a signatory on the Hildon Foundation bank account, until BoD elections are done and all roles are filled.

At least that's my opinion, since having only one active member of the BoD with the power to access funds doesn't seem proper nor prudent.

Secondly, donations to the Hildon Foundation need to be sorted out-the Paypal account needs to be fixed, and the community needs to be informed about what the funds will be used for, where and how. There has been some discussion around community coding contests and the like, but some people may have donated money with the intention of it going towards "maemo infrastructure" and may be unhappy with it being diverted to other initiatives. Personally, I'm happy with my donations being used as the community sees fit-however at the moment, I'm unsure that the Hildon Foundation represents the community effectively. After elections, hopefully things will become more clear.

Another question for BoD: how are talks/contract negotiations going with Nokia? I'm assuming the contract would cover distribution of closed source pieces of maemo, use of the maemo trademark, domain name transfers, and other things of that nature. Is there anything beyond those things being discussed? What else does the community need or want from Nokia anyway?

Last edited by shawnjefferson; 2013-06-02 at 17:39.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to shawnjefferson For This Useful Post: