View Single Post
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
i dont think so. Its highly unlikely that they will create a custom board for a single person. Maybe its possible but it will highly depend on how many boards you order.

but i still say its not possible.
If you can find a board what AMD really produced themselves (orvia sucontracting but branded AMD), you might have a chance to ask for a variant. If the origin design is not too old and the have personal capacities, it is not a big deal to do any redesign technically.

There might be rather bureaucratic difficulties with getting to the right decisionmakers. You would have to proove somehow, that your PCBs are the most important for them ($$$ )
But still you would probably have to pre-finance the project. (even more $$$$$$)

Anyway I have seen 30 years old PCB designs getting produced again (12 pieces!!), just becaouse they controlled such critical stuff it was worth to search for the already pensioned designer guy, to help and set up the line. Some of the components were scavenged back for it from the old dead PCBs as there were no suppliers any more.( Enough money can make any system to roll as you wish.)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Merienth For This Useful Post: