View Single Post
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Re Buurmas' Solution #2.

I like it. It's better than my solution #3 if it can be done without a long, long wait.

In the thread that started this Brainstorm, Texrat and fatalsaint have labeled my re-categorization approach "band-aiding" and they're right. I'm all for your deeper re-structure, but I don't want nothing to happen on account of a solution being too ambitious.

As for the checkbox filtering, that could be done regardless of how the forum categories are re-structured, with or without tagging, or even if there is no re-structuring (other than the checkbox filter itself, insofar as that counts as "re-structuring").

If Reggie implemented that today, I could at least go through New Posts with "Off Topic," "Device:N900" and "OS/Platform: Maemo 5/Fremantle" unchecked -- and that would be a huge help. (I say that "I could" do that, but "I" in this instance is not just me; it represents those of us here who are just not just interested in the N900 or Fremantle at this point, or not interested enough to wade through all the threads about it.)

Last edited by GeraldKo; 2009-12-17 at 03:48.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post: