View Single Post
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by pali View Post
For audio output from N900 is NOT host mode needed. Instead g_nokia or g_file_storage, you can load g_audio module. It is USB audio gadget, which do what you want (it acts as usb sound card). You also need to configure pulseaudio for that support and compile kernel with g_audio module...
While this is amazing on it's own, I think fpps question was related to the use of external usb audio devices with the n900 (e.g. usb speakers). This was discussed before for example in http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=71980, but AFAIK without reporting success.

I would be very interested in this, too, especially for usb audio recording, as I have a small mixing console which behaves like a standard usb audio device. This, together with audacity from easy debian, could turn the n900 in a nice portable digital harddisk recorder, which would be pretty cool

I have tried in the past a bit with the snd-usb-audio module, but without success. Anyone could give some hints? After modprobe snd-usb-audio, should it appear automatically in alsa or is there more work to do?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oblomow For This Useful Post: