View Single Post
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
I cared about the discussion, as did others. That's why some of us wanted you to back away from the keyboard. I do it all the time. Here, let's try it together. On three. One, two, three...
Well, again then I don't know why you are singling me out. As I've pointed out several times now, the discussion you're complaining about involved me and a couple of other posters. It was the other posters, for much of the debate, that kept bringing it back up. And their points weren't even about the N900 per se, but just general comments about Linux and the development process. So I think it's disengenous to single me out and ingore all the other parties that were engaged in the discussion. It seems like your reasons have to be other than what you're stating. Either because you disagreed with me or because you were tired of the discussion.

But, you know, I don't really see it as helpful, generous, in the spirit of the community, or appropriate for posters to take it upon themselves to police the discussion, because they don't like the direction it has taken. Earlier in this thread, there was a long digression and heated debate that I was not part of about pixel density on sensors and now to calculate it (or something like that, I don't remember exactly), which I wasn't really interested in and seemed off topic, so I just stayed out of it and let the other posters settle the debate between themselves. That to me seems appropriate. Let other people have the discussions that they want to have.

And at least that debate was about a topic having something to do with technical issues and tangentially related to the N900. Not just completely off topic personal attacks and attempts to be the police of the discussion. The most extended, most off topic dicussion in this thread was initiated by a personal attack on me and now extended in this vein by yourself, all the while claiming it's because you want the discussion to be of some sort of higher quality. It seems really disengenuous to me in the extreme. I think the snarky remarks and self-appointed attempts to police other members brings the whole tone of the forum down.