View Single Post
Hi..I know that Harmattan is no longer being developed..but I wanted to share some ideas that I think would improve the overall experience

Here goes:

1. Enable pull-up for quick launch even from the 3 homescreens
2. Option for setting default opening homescreen when waking from sleep
3. Translucent keyboard, or option to set level of opaqueness (specially when browsing)
4. Slide up to pick up call (green) and down to reject call (red). Swipe to get more options
5. Active calls should appear as notifications so that one can swipe straight to the call if waking from sleep during a call
6. Dialler should allow cursor to be placed anywhere in the number (like the n900). Useful for adding zero before the number
7. Swipe manager should be without the annoying delay. Should be like the camera shortcut on the iPhone home screen. Possible solution would be to keep other screens ready in the background
8. Universal search should be integrated with social/notifications homescreen
9. Music app should start when earphones are plugged in
10. Wallpaper should show music progress bar along with music controls
11. Long press volume keys for skipping songs
12. Press contacts to call them, long press to open contact (both for contacts and call app)
13. Along with double tap, Direct swipe to homescreen from sleep screen should be an option, but only when proximity sensor detects that n9 is out of pocket.
14. Open in new window - option for opening new web link in background instead of a pop up
15. Allow wifi hotspot in power save mode
16. Nokia handshake logo on startup!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ujwalsoni For This Useful Post: