View Single Post
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
I'd say that the background explanation on your site is well worth quoting here;

Background

The point of this game is not so much to write yet another clone of that game with blocks of 4, but more about an experiment in creating a portable game using C++ (and no frameworks!) that can be run on multiple platforms and also use multiple rendering backends (right now, this is mostly OpenGL ES, but I do have a QPainter-based Qt4 backend as well as a ncurses-based console backend working). Other experimental things included, but maybe not obvious are: Gameplay recording and playback (you can replay your last game), highscores that can be updated automatically when the game rules change, the use of no bitmaps/images for the OpenGL ES backend (everything you see is rendered from 3D meshes or generated font textures) and a cameo appearance of That Rabbit from That Rabbit Game. Apart from that, this is obviously also a first small test for the "free-to-grey" concept, and I wanted to have this game on the N9, so here you have it.
I really like the No-Images-Harmed concept, well done!

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post: