View Single Post
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Currently it is very hard to set up, so not for the faint of heart. It can be scripted up if it proves to be something that is worthwhile for the average chroot user.
The MeeGo keyboard works on LXDE ! Fantastic. More than worthwhile because there any many Debian softwares not available on MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan (office editors, vnc client, etc).

1. After booting Easy Debian, you will first need to get the window ID of the _Xephyr_ window. This can be done from the terminal that is outside of Easy Debian. Just run xwininfo and tap once on Xephyr. xwininfo will print something like:
Code:
xwininfo: Window id: 0x4200002 "Xephyr on :1 ( ... )"
Here, 0x4200002 is the window id.
My suggestion is to use "wmctrl -l" instead of "xwininfo" because the later needs to tap the screen and if you have a terminal window the swipe counts as a tap. So using :
Code:
[root@chroot: ~]xephwm &
[root@chroot: ~]wmctrl -l
from inside Debian root opens the LXDE (with Xephyr server) and gives the window id of LXDE Xephyr.

2. Now you need to start xmim (I hope you installed the above .deb by now!). Run:
Code:
xmimd -d :1 -x 0x4200002 -v
Replace 0x4200002 with the xephyr window id you got in the above step.
This command can be run as user on MeeGo terminal.

3. Now get into the terminal inside the chroot. You have to set a few environment variables:
Code:
export GTK_IM_MODULE=xim
export XMODIFIERS="@im=xmim"
I hope these definitions can be made automatically.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post: