View Single Post
Yet again, N900 is not any mainstream phone. I also don't follow you on your statement "The N900 is not able to play with the new stuff, the N9 isn't either". Could you make an example of what N900 does not handle? What is this so called "new stuff", games maybe?

No, it does not play Full HD videos and 720p is just about watchable, but like that would do any difference on that 3.5" screen.

It is understandable that mainstreamers do not like the N900. But power users do, and they really do. There is no phone up to this date that has full support for aircrack-ng including monitor mode and packet injection other than N900, With N9 we are getting there. Yes, there are some videos on youtube cracking wireless keys with iPhone but they are merely sample packages containing enough IV's to successful crack. There are no monitor mode in those things not to mention packet injection and in my opinion there never will. That was just one example of N900's uniqueness.

One really cool thing about N900 is that it has fully working FM-transmitter. And keyboard that over rules any on-screen keyboard. Period

Overclocking capabilites of N900 are still bleeding edge. In addition to CPU overclocking you can also overclock DSP (Digital Signal Processor) that affects video playback performance under most circumstances. Also, it is possible to change voltage settings.

N900 also does great job in tethering. This is something I use everyday. Also there is large variety of pentest tools for N900 that I use quite often. Yet again a property for power users like me.

If we continue being honest, most apps for Android and iOS are just a pile of crap that may amuse you for 15 minutes. When it comes to iPhone, it certainly does not do "the most stuff", not even close. It may do "some stuff" efficiently and that is just about it.

I have never complained about N900 being slow doing the tasks I hand for it nor I never will because I know this phone is unique and has a place in my heart for the rest of my life.

Now it is time to end this manifest and get some beer. Maybe even play some Bounce and Snake with this splendorous peace of electronics.

Last edited by Nuuskis; 2012-03-07 at 02:03.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nuuskis For This Useful Post: