View Single Post
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
So...not been active on TMO for a few years, and still using my N900 as my daily phone.

Increasingly I'm finding that I need Android apps for things, be they Google authenticator for access to things for work, a local bus app for cheaper tickets, etc, and it would be nice to have something a little quicker with better battery life (and without the price tag/timescales of the Neo900!)

However, I'm still stuck due to the lack of "open" phones with hardware keyboards. I recently spotted the Jolla keyboard kickstarter and figured a Jolla with one of those is pretty close to meeting my requirements, mainly due to Alien Dalvik.

Only real outstanding issue is the Moblin infestation in Sailfish/Mer on the software side of things, so my question to the community is thus: I have bootmenu on my N900 and can boot multiple OSes, be they Maemo, Nitdroid, Debian, etc....is there something comparable for the Jolla? Being realistic I haven't had time to hack around with my N900 over the last few years as much as I intended, so it's unlikely I would ever get around to doing so with the Jolla, but I really want the option of being able to do so if I'm going to invest in an expensive toy.

...of course, I could screw around with apkenv and try and get those two apps working on my N900...but it's not going to live forever, and there will eventually be one that I can't get working.

...also, what's all this about a follow-up Jolla phone? I've been very out of the loop, so would rather hold-off for better hardware and just pick up the keyboard OH in advance if it's only going to be a few months...

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_jrt For This Useful Post: