View Single Post
Going back to serious discussion, Maemo/Meego is a mark for me. Sorry, for neophytes, that bought N900 after all fuss with Nokia, Elop, strategy changes and what not, Maemo != Nokia, same for Meego. for me Maemo is Community. In fact, Community that try to have less and less closed source components in devices used today (CSSU etc.), and to have nice core system for future (Meego !=Harmattan - Meego CE with Cordia on top of it? Yup!).

I think that, if/after Nokia cut off, We can do OpenPandora way. Like it or not, we got no better base solution (i mean only open source components, lets let alone all closed parts) than Meego/Maemo. You can't even dream about truly open source device based on Android, not to mention other mobile OS'es. For Meego with mix of Maemo UI, this is at least possible (although require much work).

If You ask few years ago, if Open Office can be 100% independent of Sun, no one would believe. Now we got LibreOffice. I don't see ANY reasons, why Maemo/Meego can't be developed further in open way.

Why not for "multitablet" forum? Because we got almost nothing common with Android (despite it being false google in penguin disguise), and even less with iOS (sic, lol at even thinking of that) or Windoze mobile.

I agree that there aren't many android or iOS users knocking @ door, but also i doubt that we have anything to talk with them about (metaphorical, of course - on this forum about technical and meritocratic aspects, not in real life situations )

Or maybe I just fail what good and open Android/ iPhone fans can bring here.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: