View Single Post
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Donations link is in the hompage at http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profilematic/

Though I've already gotten N9 (my wife got tired of my whining and bought me one). Nevertheless, it's bought on loan money, and I'll still need to invest into NFC tags for experimenting, so of course donations are much appreciated in any case.

I haven't looked at the NFC APIs available on N9, nor the specifications, at all yet, so I don't even know for certain what kind of support in ProfileMatic is possible. Naively thinking it would be just one condition among others, but it remains to be seen.

It is however a topic that interests me personally, so I do want to research it soon. Anyway, the order of features I implement to ProfileMatic is also much influenced on user's requests, so these kinds of requests are useful in gauging the interest.

Of course ProfileMatic is also open source, so anyone can offer to do the NFC support if their patience runs dry on my admittedly leisure pace (due to unfortunate obligations in "real life") of working on it.
NFC would be an interesting addition for availability, bluetooth, etc. NFC would only be activated for a short time compared to the continuous WIFI or cell IDs, but the way v1.6 works with multiple rules in parallel could make short-lived rules (assuming 'restore to previous' is disabled) workable.
The tricky bit might be matching NFC tag NDEF code but I suppose it's not miles away from how the cell ID works...
Food for thought anyway...

The Following User Says Thank You to WhitP For This Useful Post: