View Single Post
At this point I am going to stick with the existing Fahrplan code rather than trying to get the incomplete Farhplan2 Fremantle UI working.

There is one more feature I would like to add if I can figure out how, namely being able to click on a leg of a journey and have a map be displayed.

Firstly I have to figure out how to make the items for each leg clickable (dont know enough about QT to do that yet), secondly I have to figure out how to trigger microb to open and display a web URL (since implementing my own internal browser widget to display the maps is out of the question) and thirdly I need to figure out what sort of map to display.

Do I display the existing Google static maps image URLs (which aren't the best in terms of size or usefulness) I get back in the JSON Translink sends me? (e.g. something like this https://maps.google.com/maps/api/sta...sITUCziNZXiow= )

Do I figure out the mess of how to get an API key, figure out how to keep it secret (despite this program being 100% open source and despite reverse engineering Maemo apps being trivial) and somehow generate my own static maps URLs with better parameters (e.g. larger size image, different zoom level etc) all the while trying to figure out how not to exceed the limit on the number of static map requests you can get from Google before you have to start paying?

Do I try and somehow open Nokia Maps and display something there?

Do I find another web-based mapping solution that doesn't have the limits of Google?

The Following User Says Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post: