View Single Post
Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by kingka View Post
I'm having issues installing. can anyone help?

I get "unable to unstall mypaint incomplete app package"
Fixed package. (changed section to user/other)
http://pupnik.de/mypaint_0.5.0-1~hildon1_armel.deb

This is anders_gud's build of mypaint - not mine. It has the following dependencies. These will not be automatically installed when you install the mypaint.deb from a file (this is an unfortunate feature of the application installer).

Depends: libatk1.0-0 (>= 1.12.2), libc6 (>= 2.5.0-1), libcairo2 (>= 1.4.10), libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.12.12-1osso3), libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2:2.10.12-0osso15), libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.16.4), python2.5-gtk2, python2.5-hildon

(edit: Usage)

1) Make use of a scratch area - you can scroll left/right with dpad to your scratch area to do 'practice strokes' for each new brush/color setting

2) (N810 users) make use of keyboard shortcuts! I found that with black and white sketching, the X key inverts the color, allowing for a fast 'eraser' toggle. Also note the following mappings:
F Bigger Brush
D Smaller Brush
S More Opaque
A Less Opaque
R Pick Color
Ctrl+Z undo (very slow!)
Ctrl-Y redo
3) Leave your brush (and if you use it, color picker) dialogues open. Switch between main view and brush/color dialogues by clicking on the app-icon in the taskbar and selecting your window. This is a lot faster than closing and re-opening the brush window

4) Save often! The big advantage of drawing on a computer is "cheating" by undoing mistakes

5) Use a 'light pencil' to sketch initial outlines to help you get the proportions right. I'd love to have one layer reserved for the 'outline sketch' that is toggle-able. (Since often the outline sketching uses lines that don't really appear in the actual image.)

--------------

wishlist/todo stuff

- Remove the bottom status bar, at least in fullscreen mode
- Speed optimization? Lagging stylus makes it hard to go into right-brain mode
- Visual feedback when adjusting brush size, opacity etc (a temporary circle indicating brush size for 0.5 sec after switching)

------------------------
(edit2) this app is MADE FOR DOODLING! i love it!
Attached Images

Last edited by ArnimS; 2008-04-03 at 21:49. Reason: changezorz