View Single Post
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Where do I live?
Good afternoon,

Yesterday I was trying to install Git in my Nokia N900 (probably from a wrong repo), but I wasn't successful. In the process, I had a terrible idea: I ran
Code:
apt-get dist-upgrade
, and my phone literally self-destroyed: it deleted Python, my libraries, all my system and non-system apps and suddenly died, it just turned off.

Yesterday night I was able to turn my phone on, but after 30 seconds in the Nokia screen it just turns off; also it could be recognized by my PC in Update mode, being able to reboot it (but not flashing it).

Today, giving it another try, I wasn't able to connect it to Upgrade mode. I used to get a descriptor error, but now it just doesn't connect.

I guess the reason could be one of these:
  • Broken system (I doubt it, but the possibility is there)
  • Outdated Flasher, although I have tried it in GNU/Linux 64 bits, Windows 10 and Windows XP. Just a supposition...
  • Being optimistic, (but also my main possibility), maybe my battery has run out and that's the reason it doesn't connect.

As extra info, I can say that, when connecting, my phone LED has an orange light (no blinking), and 15 seconds later it deploys a non-lighted, Nokia logo screen which loops infinitely with a a small vibration with frequence of 10 seconds (being the orange light always on).

Is this normal? Is there any solution for this? Did my N900 just died?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cHeXs7eR For This Useful Post: