View Single Post
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
that is an option I had not thought of..
the problem is though...

creating hyperlinks while on site...
(not to mention every site visited ...)
for every photo taken..
every bit of video...
I agree this is the probably the hardest part to implement easily but I don't think it is too hard to make it work and there are two ways to solve it.
- make a shortcut / macro that directs emacs to the directory where the picture , video or soundfiles are stored and you only have to link to the latest created file (files should be sorted with the latest file showing first).
- even better is to make emacs do that all automatically. Pretty sure that is possible, but to do that you probably need to use some elisp programming.

and every text document...
let alone every line of text...(since in some cases ...at the least a few lines explanatory may be required...)
is impractical and far far far far too time consuming ...
I don't understand that. You don't need to link to text - it is an editor... only once to link the main document with a hyperlink to the client template. You can also do everything in one huge document, but I wouldn't do that.

Time is a factor ...
I cannot spend a day at 1 site.
More like 15 min.

I wished I had the time currently as well to work on said app.

Time time time time.
time is great and time sucks.
As mentioned the only thing not part of 'standard' org mode / Emacs is more easily linking to the files but that shouldn't be too hard to solve.
The solution does require some time investing learning orgmode / emacs if you haven't used it before.

If you are still interested in this solution I wouldn't mind providing a basic example file and show you how it could work. I don't require/want any payment.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post: