View Single Post
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Nice! Now the user gets a radiobutton list to select among RSS Feed Reader and 3 test entries.

The problem I see is how to register apps there. Is it a static list or does is grow as you install feed capable apps?
Currently it's only a static list (the 3 test entries do nothing useful), but I only wanted to use it as a test if the feed handling out of the browser works the same on Fremantle as on Diablo.

The next step is to refactor the app to allow the list to grow as we install capable apps. I'll try to find the authors of feed readers from Maemo.org apps and contact them to discuss what their requirements are and design something based on that.

Also, it would be good to have it not as visible app but as invisible dependency from GPodder and other apps agreeing to use this "fix".
And while you are at it, please remove the word 'Maemo' from the application name. Thanks!
Sure thing. Actually, having "feedhandler" as the name of the package is okay already, and the only UI that the app has (the "Choose which app to open this feed with") is probably going to not really require any name (so that it appears as a natural extension to the browser/feed readers.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post: