View Single Post
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
What about Maemo 5 / Nokia N900 running IPython Notebook 0.13.1 ? It is technically possible trying to use Python 2.7 for Maemo 5, but there are some (7 or more) package dependencies not currently available on Maemo 5, so it needs some work.

For the moment, it is possible to run IPython Notebook 0.13.1 on a Nokia N900 as web client, with the IPython Notebook server running on a Nokia N9 (or on a PC with IPython Notebook server). See more details in post #19 of the topic "[Announce] IPython (Notebook, QtConsole) 0.13.1 for MeeGo Harmattan".

Screenshot of my Nokia N900 running the Fennec/Firefox as web client of IPython Notebook with server on my Nokia N9 :

With Fennec/Firefox v7, Nokia N900 runs web client of IPython Notebook 0.13.1 very well, with all keyboard shortcuts working. It is slow, so be patient. But for typing not too long notebooks, IMHO N900 with web client is better than Chrome on Android as web client, as well as N9 running everything locally (server and web client).
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2013-02-03 at 23:58.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post: