View Single Post
As the title says, my N900 gets stuck in a loop showing the nokia logo, then a black screen, then flashing the LED and starting over. I found that if I hold the power button as soon as the nokia logo disappears then it will show the dots and boot ok.
I have seen this mentioned before but no solution to it.

Now, it has been a while since my phone has been rebooted so I can't think of what I have installed/removed since last reboot. The steps leading up to this were:

1. Decided that it would be a good time to make a backup with backup menu so restarted the phone. Backupmenu failed to start because of evkey errors

2. Removed battery, booted normally and copied evkey to /usr/sbin so backupmenu could find it. Also set the clock back to the proper time.

3. Reboot phone, do backup. Everything OK so far

4. After the backup finished I closed the keyboard and hold down the switch on the side to reboot. A little while later I realised my phone is stuck in a loop.

5. After a few attempts removing the battery to see if that fixed it I gave up and held the power button to turn it off... but somehow it booted up so I was kind of lucky to find that pressing the power button at the right time will boot it

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing the loop? I do not have any multiboot stuff installed. Only backupmenu and power50 kernel.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to af7567 For This Useful Post: