View Single Post
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Silicon Valley - USA now, UK originally
Thanks, sorodoros. I've tried emailing Access and Nokia (just their customer service). Nothing from Access and a "we haven't been given that info" from Nokia support. Not a surprise really, but I figure it's always worth trying. I hope you have more luck! I also hope more people will start pestering Access for a Maemo 5 GVM beta.

Hi javispedro - I know the SDK isn't an emulator, but Zephyr, which was installed as part of Nathan's scripts, has a Maemo 5 emulator which runs in it, (apologies if I'm missing your point). I have no idea how good an emulator it is, and even if it's stellar I don't seriously expect it to perfectly mimic what would happen on the real thing.

I hoped my attempt to install the GVM in Zephr that might give me a clue to how close it was. A long shot, sure, but in the absence of real info, I'm just trying to get answers for myself.

I fully expect that the GVM would need to be at least compiled for Maemo 5 vs. OS2008, but as I don't know all the differences between them, I really have no idea how much effort it would take to make GVM run on Maemo 5.

So not much progress yet, but I hoped my efforts might be of interest, or at least amusement to other members of this fine forum