View Single Post
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Here's the thing, Maemo.org has always been a resource for developers and I would bet that it was created and would grow as basically what it is -- a resource for developers. It has been so much a developer site that Nokia decided to create the Tableteer site which aimed to cater to end-users.
While this may have been true in the past (I'm not sure that it, in fact, was—look at the old application wiki page), Nokia is definitely moving away from this moving forward with maemo.org becoming a much more community-oriented (not just developer) and organized centralized location for everything maemo.

Besides, Downloads and Planet are hardly developer-centric.

The itTSS really aims to complement Maemo.org and enhance Tableteer. itT's strength and focus is the end-user community. The itTSS' strength is to help the whole IT community -- both the developers and end-users.
Then you should complement it, not duplicate it! Why wasn't this idea discussed with the community? or with maemo.org? Instead of having a discussion and arriving at something that really helps everybody, we have no discussion and end up with something that, I fear, will end up doing enough harm to offset whatever good it manages. . . .

Regarding "fragmentation", at times you have to denormalize. This is one time.
Communities are not databases.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post: