View Single Post
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
It's not that I can't see your reasoning for the suggestion, it's that I think other things (not forcing one demographics' preferences upon others, mainly) matter slightly more.

I can certainly see your point. However, someone might want to change route mid-drive, or maybe change some settings, or whatever. Alternatively, 'forcing a touch' to ideally pull/stop a car/bike over to make changes/adjustments is a normative claim - I.E. that it's a good thing to force people to do that.

At any rate, I agree with you that that's something that would convenience a bunch of people - however, I do NOT think that it should be the automatic hard-coded thing, that pressing a Voice Guidance Icon should also full-screen the program - it's fine as an option, even as the set-on-by-default behavior, but I think that if implemented, it should be disable-able through some settings menu.

Alternatively, simply having a full-screen button should suffice, honestly.
it would be counter-productive on my part to force my suggestions. I certainly don't want to come across like that. But there is one thing we both agree upon, a fullscreen icon to toggle between on/off mode. It is not there right now.

when both icons (guidance mode + fullscreen) are available to me on screen, i can click on guidance mode then fullscreen mode and off i go. If i want to make changes, i can click on fullscreen icon to come out of it and make changes mid-way. Not a good idea at all but if someone wants it, why not. Its like google maps on android, it shifts to fullscreen mode and remove the icons too leaving just directions and when you click (hmm i am forgetting was it a click) anyways, those icons reappear and you can make changes.

EDIT: oh also i feel icons in general need work to make marble look and feel better. i do believe it has got the functionality or most of it down (voice guidance is at an early stage for now) just a bit of tweak here and there and 1.2 can come out

Last edited by niqbal; 2011-06-11 at 07:55.