View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
You say FPTF is better doing ALL porting since it could be dangerous to do SOME porting? Sorry that doesn't make ANY sense to me. Honestly who's violating what and exactly when/by doing what? Sure anybody can send a C&D to anybody else, but the question is to what purpose. A C&D usually has a subject you instruct the other party to stop some behaviour. Please explain what subject you expect to get used in any such anticipated C&D. Again: NOBODY will ship Nokia(C) blobs to anybody. FPTF will provide means to create a system environment in which those blobs can run, we won't deploy them though, User has to get them from his old N900 or whatever other source he may find.

Honestly I don't get it
All I can see is that you try to find an argument to forbid devels doing whatever they like (here: contributing to fremantle porting), since you want to keep them in CSSU maintenance, ignoring the fact that fremantle porting actually is CSSU maintenance as well.
/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-09-16 at 20:11.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: