View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by tekki View Post
Out of morbid and bored curiousity, could you elaborate on what you don't like?
Compare the two. Here there's a past of openness, people that helped out people in many, over the top ways. I thought I once had bricked my N810. Had a couple of folks help me behind the scenes, didn't even want my thanks. They were just happy to help.

I've had epic arguments with Textrat, Zerojay and a few others... and in the end, they kept their cool, stayed adult and we've come to respect our differences and likenesses.

I've actually had Reggie contact me directly when I was seriously offended by a racial remark that I didn't agree with one bit. Now that's class.

There? It's clinical... almost verboten (forbidden) to talk about much more than just MeeGo. Have a discussion, it'll get looked at, but not commented. Quim decreed that that place was to be for developers only... and it shows.

The discussions, while easily parsed if you've written one line of code seriously - they're just cold. No warmth. No history. Just a bunch of privileged folks with N950's toiling away to see the fruit of their efforts on the Nokia N9.

That's not a bad thing, but it doesn't hit in the same way as a bunch of folks happy to just have a 770. Or a N800. Or a N810. From the N900 down, the community declined into a group of folks that didn't believe in certain things (N900 didn't sell well, let's see that argument hold a flame against how it's "the most perfect piece of GNU/Linux in your pocket ever released" types of arguments).

Ultimately, that site seems to be more of one mind... all stepping in one direction. Here, the entropy is part of the background noise that makes this place.

I don't do well in clinical, boring places. Reminds me of a padded cell. I'd rather be part of the crazies running the asylum.

It's different. If anything, it's a difference that I can't embrace. And I base that difference on being an ITT member first. Then TMO. I have an account there at MeeGo.com, but I have like 4 posts.

That's 4 too many in my opinion.