View Single Post
There is a thread discussing this problem. Here is my summary of the N900 not recognizing the charger:

I can reproduce the problem repeatedly if I plug in my cable very slowly. The cable has to be inserted with some appreciable speed. If you are too careful the phone does not recognize the charger.

Another way N900 does not recognize the charger is when I plug and unplug my charger quickly, about > 3 times/minute.

Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
this is the second time i experienced a delay before the "charging" comes up when i plugged the phone.

to detail it more, i plugged the charger to the n900 and it gave me a delay, about 5 secs (battery on red, not drained). on the second time this occurs, more than 5 secs, and i was alarmed, that i unplugged the usb cable charger and re-plugged it, and instantly, it charged.

in the next time this would happen, i will unplug the chatger from outlet (not the male usb from n900) and see.

if the same occurs, i can tell that its only a bug, or my n900 is just quite slow (since i've been doing a lot with it during this Spring break).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flydeep For This Useful Post: