View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
tschingeling...

Where do you see maemo.org in 1 year? In 5 years?
  • A year ahead, I'd expect the community at least as vibrant as today. We still get new members every day and I believe many maemo + meego users will stay faithful. And if our Harmattan-devices will run sailfish OS and probably even vice versa, there is a promissing 5 years perspective IMO.

What do see you as the primary role for the Hildon Foundation Board of Directors?
  • Actually the HiFo-page states "The Hildon Foundation is a nonprofit organization elected by the Maemo Community to handle community oversight and infrastructure."
    I'd change it to something like "The Hildon Foundation is a nonprofit organization elected by the Maemo Community to represent it for legal and other official practices and to preserve the maemo.org infrastructure."

How do you envision the relationship between the Hildon Foundation Board of Directors and the Hildon Foundation Council/Maemo Community Council?
  • As maemo.org now is completely community-driven and represented by the council, I believe the BoD should provide service for community/council demands where needed. Close collaboration is a requirement here.

Are you able to attend board meetings at least monthly?
  • Well, as a freelancer you can never tell exactly till date closes, besides that I gladly am ;-)

Do you own a Maemo device? do you (regularly) use a Maemo device? Are you at all interested in Maemo and its community?
  • Despite feeling a bit under-equipped here with one N9, I'm a happy camper. There actually is no alternative for me and this community with it's spirit just fascinates me. And I realized that everybody not only can, but needs to do something to actually keep this great community alive'n kickin. Like you and me, remember this little story?

What kind of collaboration do you expect to see from Nokia, to ensure survival of the most important assets?
  • Some serious collaboration can't be expected I guess, because the relation seems quite screwed. But I do hope the contract once figured or somehow adjusted can finally be set effective. Though chances are low, I'd support any attempts to gain Harmattan assets wherever possible. Oh, and one fine day Nokia will give Meego a 2nd chance, acquire Jolla and we lived happily ever after... :-)

Kind regards
Current Maemo Community Council member

Last edited by Win7Mac; 2013-06-20 at 00:02.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post: