View Single Post
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Vinh View Post
Oh, I suspected that Skype doesn't work on the N770 with OS2008HE, mainly because of the reported audio problems. I have my N700 set up very nicely with Skype and Gizmo5 on OS2007HE. Recently Skype removed its Nxxx apps so I was worried that if I tried this install, I wouldn't be able to get Skype back. (Did anyone happen to save the install package?)

Would it be possible to:

1. Dump the entire install in the N770 to MMC
2. Copy the MMC to a computer hard drive
3. Install OS2008HE and copy it to the MMC
4. Copy the MMC to a computer hard drive
5. Copy OS2007HE install back to MMC
6. Restore OS2007HE to N770
7. Copy OS2008HE to MMC
8. Boot to OS2007HE without MMC
9. Boot to OS2008HE with MMC

?

Thanks!
Yes. I have done this with N8x0 many times. I have NOT tried with 770, I do not see any problem. I use Acronis, True image 11 home. It will duplicate any partition and write the whole image to another partition. You have to play with it a few time to be sure before you start your project. In fact, that is what I plan to do, I hate it when I installed some app that dont belong and mess up my perfect prepped 770. They sometimes advertaise for $30 with $25 rebate, but they never send anyone rebate. Anyhow, Acronis is a good piece of software for hackers.

And sure, you need some media reader, Acronis and media reader, you are ready to keep making backups of your 770.

I seldom use the int flash boot, as it is dinky 128 MB and also if it mess up, it messed up the bootmenu, and one has to start with installing, becomeroot, xterm, repositories of your tools.... you got the picture.

bun