View Single Post
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
At this point, I think it's prudent to call elections. I will propose this at the next Board meeting, which must happen very soon.

I would suggest that we push the election out (to a maximum of 45 days, per the bylaws) to allow the Council and Board elections to coincide. I feel this would be the best solution for the community as a whole, vs having segmented or offset elections close to each other.

I believe this is something we must legally do as well. Since Tim's resignation occurred before my acceptance, and my acceptance was not done until past the 7 day period from Ivan's formal resignation. Technically, there was a period with fewer than three Director positions occupied for over seven days. That should trigger an election.
Ivan resigned on Tuesday, February 26 and Tim resigned on Monday, March 4. Their letters are on the website.

Woody and Jim were appointed on Monday, March 4. http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...51&postcount=5 Even if one assumes (mistakenly I think) that Woody's acceptance was necessary, that was done no later than Tuesday, March 5. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...87#post1327087

So election was not triggered under the ByLaws. It should not be surprising I conclude this as that is why I expedited the appointments as a Director.

I say the following in my capacity as Secretary for the Foundation consistent with the Board Register required under the current bylaws. If you want to proceed with an election, I suggest that your proposal includes an appropriate amendment to the ByLaws. I will consider further comments if anyone thinks an election was triggered. Since maemo.org will be going down temporarily, if anyone has comments, please email them to board@hildonfoundation.org. The submitted comments will be attempted to be made public in some fashion.

(Jim, I need the official address you want to use for the Foundation) to record in the Board Register).