View Single Post
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Ckris View Post
Hi, I would second a NFC request. After getting a Nokia Play I was so impressed by NFC pairing, that I bough few Mifare tokens to play with them. As I found, currently only app I could launch is NfcInteractor, and I had this brilliant idea :-) to put one on dashboard and launch drive and HF when in car...

Where donations towards your N9 could be sent?
Donations link is in the hompage at http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profilematic/

Though I've already gotten N9 (my wife got tired of my whining and bought me one). Nevertheless, it's bought on loan money, and I'll still need to invest into NFC tags for experimenting, so of course donations are much appreciated in any case.

I haven't looked at the NFC APIs available on N9, nor the specifications, at all yet, so I don't even know for certain what kind of support in ProfileMatic is possible. Naively thinking it would be just one condition among others, but it remains to be seen.

It is however a topic that interests me personally, so I do want to research it soon. Anyway, the order of features I implement to ProfileMatic is also much influenced on user's requests, so these kinds of requests are useful in gauging the interest.

Of course ProfileMatic is also open source, so anyone can offer to do the NFC support if their patience runs dry on my admittedly leisure pace (due to unfortunate obligations in "real life") of working on it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: