View Single Post
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by steven676 View Post
Hmm. Does running "maemo-invoker browser" from the shell bring up MicroB? Does running a symlink named "browser" pointing to maemo-invoker bring it up? If neither of those works, I'll have to think of a different way of starting MicroB.
Figured it out. Fremantle has a thing where it will preload programs into memory using maemo-launcher so they can stay resident there. The thing is, this behaviour is controlled by entries in the application's desktop file. Since /usr/bin/browser has been replaced, maemo-launcher can't do its stuff. Turns out that MicroB relies on itself being resident.

I did this:
Commented out "X-Maemo-Prestarted=always" and "#X-Maemo-Prestarted-Priority=7000" in /usr/share/applications/hildon/browser.desktop (not sure if this is required, mind you).
Ran, as user: /usr/sbin/dsmetool -t "/usr/bin/maemo-invoker /usr/bin/browser.launch"

MicroB loaded up as normal.

Doing the above, replacing -t with -k will close the browser.
Doing a system() or g_spawn_*() should work fine, but libdsme is open too if you wish to look at its (and dsmetool's) code.

Originally Posted by steven676 View Post
Thanks, looks nifty -- going to have to think about how I want to integrate this, though (keep two copies of the code? #ifdefs?).
Your call... I'm rather incompetant when it comes to GtkTables which is why I stripped it out...

Many thanks to you and xiojason for this lovely program. It's a must when you end up using Tear much more than you do MicroB...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post: