View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
Sending a #21**16# to my operator should divert my SMS's to another number/ SIM card, but it doesn't; it returns a bogus message "operation not compatible with current status". The code is correct, worked with my previous phone.

Oddly, *#21**16# works, I get a correct status message for the service in return (just as I should).
I tested all variations of SSC 21 incl parameters. Given the fact my service plan doesn't allow for any SMS forwarding (=**16#), the results are just as expected ( "divert destination barred"). So the 'bogus' message "operation not compatible with current status" seems to be a valid response of the carrier network to a presumably valid well formed SSC sent by the N900.

There's a lot of reasons why carrier might consider a 21 SCC an "operation not compatible with current status", most obvious one of them being there's no destination number configured by SSC **21*<dest-nr>*16#. Other possible reasons for example may be "destination not reachable (not booked in)" and "Account balance doesn't allow chargeable services"

I do not think there is any problem in N900 that's causing the reported issue with SMS divert.

Nevertheless I found the dialer-UI sometimes locks up on a deadlock state in SSC/USSD communication with cellmodem, under certain timeout or race conditions where it waits for a reply to a SSC that may never come (at least that's my take on it). In that case a
Code:
killall -9 rtcom-call-ui
fixed things. This for sure *is* a bug somewhere in call-UI and/or libisi / cellmo FW, but I don't think it's related here.

cheers
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N