View Single Post
Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
Yep, that should be fine. Xkbd requires a non-fullscreen dosbox for me, so i suggest you disable that in dosbox.con. How is it working for you?

Bochs wouldn't build for me, and i don't think it would run acceptably.

Update: New DosBOX 0.72 with deb package goodness!

Timings for sound emulation seem to be improved. It has a rewritten VGA/EGA core which is giving strange artefacts on the Nokia, so I use Tandy graphics (which are faster anyway).

http://pupnik.de/dosbox.html

Give it a go and let me know how it works for you!
Hello , and thanks for your advice .
I have modified the keyboard layout for xkbd and have included the function keys as needed , and given them the names as they would be on the Psion Series 3a ( F1=System ... F11=Menu ) so I can now access the menus and other functions . I have however hit a snag , apart from the alphabet keys , none of the 'shifted' keys send the correct values when the shift key is pressed . I thought it might be a problem with the way the shift key worked so included on my keyboard layout a row above the number keys which held the 'shifted' key values , without the need to press the shift key , but the keys still sent the values that would have been present , if they had been the number values . For example : I setup a key with the label of '!' and set to send the character of '!' , but the Psion emulator showed '1' instead . I believe this is due to the way the Psion machine was originally designed to receive keypresses on the original hardware , expecting to scan the keyboard and find the Shift key down , and the 1 key pressed , not to be sent a value of '!' which it knows as the 1 key , and with ( as far as it sees ) no shift key pressed , interprets this as a '1' . As the alphabet keys only go into upper case with the CapsLock on ( not with the shift key ) , I fiddled with the settings of the 'obey CapsLock' value in the keyboard layout , but this has not helped . So for the time being , I've come unstuck ...

I tried Bochs , and got it to run correctly , slow it was ( possibly slower than DosBox ) but it never crashed the 770 once , in all the hours I messed about trying to perfect my keyboard layout . DosBox did literally only work for 33% of the launch attempts , often causing the 770 to need its battery pulling out to enable me to reset it .