View Single Post
Haha, home amp use ATX power supply cover, doesn't it? Or in fact it uses that as own power supply and just share same box?

Fine thing with portable amp, but are You sure it'll fit into mugen cover inside with dualSCUD mounted at the same time? It seems for me that there is not much space left...

Anyway, it's always possible to carry it with You on pocket - it's really small. Incorporating also jack port on the other side make it compatible with big jack/jack speakers as well

On the other hand, they're are many real life situations for using this? Most things that You connect N900 to through 3.5 jack got own amplifiers inside... Still, nice mod

Long time ago i worked on pocket amplifier (old days when pocket mp3 players weren't obsolete), people we're designing really nice small amplifiers. Although i remember, that most of the time they recommended to use standard batteries instead of rechargeable - due to some kind of voltage stability and different audio sound on different SoC of accu (some kind of distortions, but harder to catch due to being stable at given SoC). How well your amplifier handle this? It's really cheap, and if it would be immune to voltage changes (our Li-Po provide very different voltage during discharging) it would be indeed great. I know it operates at vide variety of voltages, but doesn't it "calibrate" itself on start to given voltage, and voltage change during long playback will distort sound?

Last edited by Estel; 2011-06-25 at 23:41.