View Single Post
Originally Posted by titan View Post
also, rooting and installing Ubuntu in chroot on a sdcard was nearly as easy as EasyDebian. You can chroot or ssh into it and or access X11 via VNC.
Hi:

I'm doing the same that you are, very happy with the Note, and running a Debian chroot on it.

Could you help me with step by step instructions on how you ssh into the Note, as it seems I'm daft, and can't connect... I've sshed into other Android devices before, but can't connect with this one...

Basically, I've installed sshdroid to run the ssh server on the Note.

It runs the server on 192.168.1.100 which I know is wrong, as this is a local address already accessible on my PC, when pinging it, without the USB cable connected. Now when I connect the USB cable, the PC doesn't bring up the usb0 unterface, instead two devices /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc get created. These can't be mounted, as no disk partition info is identified on them...

I think, the trick to connect is in Android USB settings, which on the other phone let me chose what to do when the USB is connected, i.e. mount disks, do nothing etc.

However, the note's USB settings only give me the option to turn on mass storage, which is not what you want to enable ssh access...

I have USB debugging turned on on the phone.

What am I missing?

OMFG: Just realized all these people talking about SSHing into Android devices are doing it over wifi, that's why the 192.168.1.100, I don't wanna do that, wanna do it over the USB cable. Have you succeeded? How? (Can't do it over wifi anyway, I've tried)...

Last edited by 白い熊; 2012-01-17 at 13:59.